Wednesday, 4 November 2015
The Perfect Autumnal Drink
If you've got a spare half an hour in the evening to prepare tomorrow's lunch, try saving a fiver (and a trip to Starbucks) by making yourself a delicious pumpkin spiced latte. You probably already have pumpkin flesh left over from Halloween (I always save the good bits for soups and pies), so you'll just need to raid your baking cupboard for the rest.
Ingredients (serves one flask-full):
1 tbsp pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-skimmed milk
1 shot espresso
1. Puree the pumpkin using a blender. I've got a Nutribullet which really does the job, but a high-powered blender will do.
2. Pour the pureed pumpkin into a non-stick saucepan and heat - but do not boil - along with the cinnamon and ginger.
3. Add the sugar and stir for two minutes until the sugar has melted.
4. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Take off the heat ad pour the mixture back into the blender. Blend for a few seconds.
5. Pour the espresso into a cup, then pour in the pumpkin mixture and stir. Top with a nice swirl of whipped cream, and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
© Art Style Love. All rights reserved.