Yesterday I was unwillingly stuck in central London for a few hours and, naughtily, I decided that I'd just have a look around the shops to get some ideas for my A/W wardrobe. I decided that, as I'd worn way too much black during the Summer months (and now my winter paleness cannot cope with that amount of severity) I'd pick out some clothes that emanated the gorgeous Autumn colours that I'm seeing everywhere.
Lo and behold, I ended up buying three items of clothing, all of which were black.
So even when I'm consciously making an effort to buy colourful clothes, my subconscious is obviously telling me that I could never EVER look good in that beautiful mustard jumper, or that smart pair of cobalt trousers.
With that realisation, I've concluded that, the next time I go shopping, I shall buy items that still retain an element of black, but that also feature a little pop of colour - like the items below, for example...
1. Floral Scuba Midi Skirt by Dorothy Perkins - £25
2. Teardrop Stone Choker by Topshop - £8.50
3. Printed T-shirt by Mango - £27.99
4. Tatiana2 Heels by Nine West at Kurt Geiger - £69
5. Paisly Longline Kimono by River Island - £45
6. Embroidered T-shirt by Stradivarius - £17.99
7. Longsleeve Knitted Pullover by Vero Moda - £27.84
8. Lace Hem Midi Skirt by Topshop Unique at Net-a-Porter - £155
9. Timble Weave Bag by Clarks - £89.99